My five random things from this week...
1. My newest obsession: Sabra Roasted Pine Nut Hummus and Doritos! The mixture is perfect! I've seriously been munching on it allllll day! Nom Nom!
2. I tried the game called 'Scoot' to review mental math today! One of my co-workers found it on TpT and showed it to me so I created my own. My kids loved it! I personally thought it took a long time (because I have so many students) but they didn't seem to mind at all! They really loved checking their answers and seeing how many they got right! Great review game!
3. I have the cutest daughter in the entire world! The other morning my husband asked me to fix her 'bed hair' so I threw it up into a little ponytail and put a big bow in it! Come on...how adorable is this picture????!!!
4. Today I taught a lesson on creating vivid imagery using synonyms. My students loved taking words from passages and transforming the "voice" using what we call 'fifth grade words'! It was a huge success! I even had them write their own short passage with words that second graders could read and understand. Then I asked them to give their passage to another group and have them re-write it using synonyms so that it sounded like a fifth grader would want to read it. LOVED IT!
5. This week we began using our Science Weekly! My students really enjoyed it. There is almost zero time in our curriculum for Science so they jumped for joy (literally) when I passed out these newspapers! I had some really good pictures of my students working with them but for some reason they won't upload! Check out the newspaper HERE! Have you used it? If so, let me know what you think!
Post your Five for Friday and link back up to Doodle Bugs here!
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on BlogLovin'!