Thursday, September 12, 2013

Budding Blog Linky!


Jess over at {I Heart Recess} is hosting a Budding Blog Linky Party!  It is for bloggers with less than 200 followers to showcase themselves...and with far less than 200 followers I figured I'd try it out!  




To participate in the linky party just answer the questions below and link back to her blog page!  

Here I go...

1. Why did you start blogging?
        I began blogging to share my ideas, good things, frustrations and to connect with other teachers about daily classroom life.  I also like to share recipes, which I need to do more of soon!

2. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
        I absolutely love to teach Social Studies.  I enjoy connecting students to our past and having them put themselves "in the shoes" of people who lived hundreds of years ago.  Social Studies can easily be made into stories that students can connect to their own lives.

3. Describe your teaching style.        
        Hands-on with lots of technology!  My goal for every lesson that I teach is to make it fun!  I do whatever I can to keep my student's attention and keep them engaged.  I use lots of hands-on activities where students are out of their seats in small groups.  I like to introduce a concept quickly in whole group and then allow my students to work in small groups to discover information, learn from each other and practice the skill.  Also, I utilize the use of technology constantly as I have a classroom set of iPads!

4. Give three interesting facts about you.
           I love arts and crafts, especially scrapbooking.  
           I am a natural redhead.
           My dream is to have a giant ball-pit in my backyard, like the ones they have in McDonald's.  How fun would that be?!?!      

5. Do you have a TpT store? If yes, post the link :)
        Currently I don't have a TpT store, but I really want to have one in the future!  I think I have the potential to create useful products but just have to find the time to actually make them!

Follow me on Bloglovin'!

8 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world. There's so much great stuff to learn and share. I'm a fellow techie-teacher too. It makes such a huge difference for my students!

    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I am now your newest follower! And on the techie note, it absolutely does make a difference for students! A huge one! I love it and couldn't imagine my classroom without it!
      -Jamie

      Delete
  2. I look forward to following your blog. I also love trying new recipes, so it will be fun to see a sprinkling of those amongst all the teacher stuff!
    ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I am your newest follower! I will definitely try to get some recipes up this week!
      :-)

      Delete
  3. I saw that you stopped by blog {found me through the link}! Thanks you so much for following me. I am going to start following you too! I can't wait to read more post.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm following you too! Looking forward to some delicious recipes...
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love scrapbooking too! My problem is that I can't scrap as fast as I crate scrapable moments. Good luck with your budding blog!
    - Melissa
    Teacher Abroad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Melissa that's my problem as well!
      I'm your newest follower! :-)

      Delete

Please leave me a comment!