Friday, July 27, 2012

Come and get 'em!


Come and get 'em while they're hot!
Last night I had some friends over and we grilled burgers and brats.  I was sick of the potato salad, fries and other traditional sides that people usually make with burgers.  I decided to mix it up a bit and try out some ‘Three Cheese Grilled Potatoes’, made on the grill.  They were absolutely delicious and I’ve decided I need to share!
Ingredients:
  • 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
  • I medium onion, chopped
  • 3 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
  • I tbs minced chives
  • salt to taste
  • pepper to taste
  • 2 tbs butter (I used like 4!)
  • 1 cup crumbled, cooked bacon
  • 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used more of this, too!)
Directions:
1.  In a large bowl combine the first six ingredients.  transfer to a double thickness of greased heavy-duty foil. 
2.  Cut your butter into pieces and place inside potatoes.
3.  Fold foil around potato mixture and seal tightly. (This took a LOT of foil!)
4.  Grill, covered completely, over medium heat for 15-18 minutes on each side, or until  potatoes are tender.
5.  Carefully open foil. (It’s HOT!) Sprinkle the bacon and cheese over potato mixture.  Grill 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.  
Serves 4-6, depending on how hungry you are!
These are seriously delicious.  It’s a must-try for your summer cookout!
ENJOY! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!