Friday, July 27, 2012

iheartcarbs


My day has had a lack of fantastic in it.  As I said in earlier posts, my knees are all messed up.  I got the results back from my blood tests today and I have arthritis.  Who knew a 24 year old could get arthritis? It sucks. I will be going to see a rheumatologist soon to see what kind I have, what caused it and how I can manage the pain.  Please say a prayer for me!
Because of my pretty crappy day I decided I needed some comfort food.  I created a spin off of a traditional ‘Crescent Chicken’ recipe and made my own.  It is more casserole like and it was even more tasty than the previous recipes I’ve made. I also made Parmesan Noodles.  Yes, I love carbs.
Ingredients for Crescent Chicken:
  • 3 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 (8 count) can crescent dinner rolls, uncooked
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2.  Mix together the cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, cheese and milk in a heavy saucepan and cook on medium heat until well melted.
3.  Stretch (carefully) 4 of your crescent rolls and lay them along the bottom of a greased pyrex pan.
4.  Place cooked chicken across the spread-out crescent rolls.
5.  Layer the soup/cheese mix over the top of the chicken.
6.  Place the rest of the 4 stretched crescent rolls on top of the soup/cheese mix.
7.  Bake 25-30 minutes or until to is golden and bubbly! 
EAT UP!
Ingredients for Parmesan Noodles: (I eyeball the ingredients each time I make it. You really can’t go wrong!)
  • 1 pack spiral egg noodles
  • 4 tbs butter
  • garlic salt to taste
  • parmesan cheese to taste
1.  Cook noodles according to package.  Drain and put back in pan.
2.  Add butter and stir with noodles until melted.
3.  Add garlic salt to taste and parmesan cheese to taste.
And you’re done!
It is easy and delicious! Perfect to go with virtually any meal!
What’s great about these recipes is that they make extra so my husband can take it to work for lunch the next day!
Hope you enjoy as much as we did! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!