Friday, June 26, 2015

Five for Friday~ 6/26/15

Linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!




This week I met up with one of my very best friends to have lunch and cuddle with her super sweet baby boy!  He is absolutely adorable!

My BFF Staci and her beautiful baby boy!


 I also went to a "Paint and Sip" for the first time this week and it was a blast!  I didn't have very high expectations for my painting, but it turned out alright for my first time.



That's me, on the left!


I was craving some good Chinese this week so I decided to make fried rice and sweet and sour chicken for dinner one night!  I got the fried rice recipe from Pinterest and it was absolutely delish!  The sweet and sour chicken was super good too!  I cut the chicken into pieces, dipped them into milk and cornstarch, fried them for about one minute on each side, threw them into a pyrex, covered them with sweet and sour sauce I bought from the store and cooked them at 325 degrees for 45 minutes!  It was incredible!  And my husband and I cooked it together so the process was super fun!



I am finally going to get around to a project that I've been wanting to do for a long time this weekend-- I am going to refinish all of our our doorknobs! Our house was built in the 60s so we have the ugly gold/brass looking knobs and they are in desperate need of an upgrade.  I'm super excited to get it done!





And finally, this week I finished Orange is the New Black!  I began watching it and just instantly fell in love with the characters! I am not so sure that I love how the third season ended, but it just makes me more excited for the fourth season!  I can't wait!


Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!
-Jamie


2 comments:

  1. Hey Jamie! Sounds like a fun week! I have Sweet & Sour Chicken cooking right now as I'm reading through posts! Even more excited to eat it now after seeing your meal pictures! :)
    Kellee
    Stomping Through First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your painting from your sip and paint looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment!