Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What's the Word? And HELP!

So, friends, it's been a while since I've visited the blogging world.  I've been, oh, what's the word, EXHAUSTED! Yes, that's it!

I started school on Monday and my life has been a complete and utter whirlwind since then.  Meeting and building relationships with new students, teaching new curriculum (yes, we began teaching on the second day) and just trying to find time to sleep has been overwhelming!!!

I have 26 students in my room and there is absolutely no room for any movement at all!  I usually love for my kiddos to be able to work on the floor and move around the room, but that is impossible now.  It makes me sad that I can't do things exactly like I used to, but I am already building great relationships with (most of) them and am really looking forward to a great year. :-)

But I need some advice.  My students this year are TALKERS!  No matter what I've tried, they just won't stop.  I've already taken minutes from their recess, which I hate doing, but I'm not sure what else to do.  I've tried positively reinforcing the students who aren't talking, I've tried my classroom behavior management systems already, but they just LOVE to talk!  Yes, it's only the 3rd day of class, but I want to nip it in the bud quickly!



Do you have any helpful strategies for getting students to just stop talking so much?  Sounds ridiculous, but any suggestions would be great.

On another note, I already feel completely back into teacher-mode and I love filling all 26 of their little minds with wisdom!  It is fulfilling, even on days when I start rethinking my line of work!   And my kiddos are super excited about their S.T.A.R. notebooks.  If you want info on those, check out my earlier post, "i heart organizing"!

Sorry for sounding whiny.  :-(  We all need a little help sometimes!  A happier post to come soon!

Follow me on BlogLovin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!