Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Big-Boned, Thick, Curvy, Plus-Sized ME

The Beginning Of My Keto Journey...

I've struggled my entire life with my weight.

Let's just say that I am one of those big-boned women you've heard about.  I am thick, curvy and plus-sized, and I am not ashamed of those facts.  But I am also one of those women who never lost the baby weight after having my first child four years ago.  And for that, I am ashamed. Especially since I just had my second child three months ago, and I am heavier than I have ever been.

In the past I tried to count my calories and I failed. I tried Weight Watchers and had a little success, but ultimately I failed at that too. I've joined gyms and I've watched those automatic monthly payments come out of my bank account month after month, while I never stepped foot back into the gym after the first few workouts.

That is not me anymore. This time I will succeed.

I will succeed because I have made a lifestyle change.  I joined a Crossfit gym, and it is the PERFECT fit for me.  The people there are friendly, encouraging, and want the same thing I do. Crossfit is an high-intensity, core strength and conditioning workout program.  Not only did I start doing Crossfit, but I've changed the way I eat.  When I joined the gym I met with the owner for a consultation and he told me about the Ketogenic Diet.  It took me a while to understand it, but for the sake of simplicity, when you follow a Ketogenic Diet you force your body to burn fats instead of carbohydrates.   And to do that, you've got to eat a high amount of fat, so you can burn fat.  Sounded ass-backwards to me in the beginning, but after reading some books, doing some research, and joining lots of Facebook groups and Pinterest boards, I decided to try it.

As far as eating goes, you must eat a diet of high fat, moderate protein, and low carbs.  And that is HARD for me. I am a potato loving, biscuit eating broad.  This has been the hardest thing I've ever done, but I love it.  I am truly enjoying the challenge! I like finding new recipes and trying them out. I like surprising my husband with new, healthy dinners that we've never had before.

So far, I've lost 8 lbs. in 2 months.  I know, that's not very much.  But my biggest victory is that I feel good. I feel better than I've ever felt! I have energy, I am stronger, and I am more confident than I've ever been.  I am doing things I never thought I would be able to do, and I'm enjoying (almost) every minute of it!

I will share recipes that I've tried- recipes that have worked, and recipes that have been a huge #foodfail.  I want to document my journey so I can look back and see where I've come from, because this time, I WILL SUCCEED!



Follow me @ Life As I Know It










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!