Thursday, July 23, 2015

4 Recipes you MUST try!

I love summertime for many reasons, but one of the biggest reasons is that I have time to find and try out new recipes!  It has been a (really) long time since I've posted recipes on here, but tonight I am going to share three of the most recent recipes I've tried from Pinterest and what I thought about them!  Follow me on Pinterest HERE to check out all my pinned recipes!

Easy Baked Ziti from The Country Cook

This meal was wonderful and quite easy to prepare.  I absolutely love alfredo sauce and red sauce mixed together and that is what drew me to this recipe.  Penne noodles covered in alfredo on the bottom, red sauce with hamburger meat on next, and cover with lots of mozzarella cheese on top!  Simple and delicious!  Definitely try it out for an easy weeknight meal, and then you will have tons of leftovers to take for lunch the rest of the week!



Better than Takeout Fried Rice from Inspired Dreamer

This is by far my favorite fried rice recipe.  It's way better than the stuff you get at the Chinese buffet!  Once again, easy to make and your husband will think you slaved away all day making it!  To go along with the fried rice, I always cook sweet and sour chicken.  My recipe is below the pic.


Jamie's Sweet and Sour Chicken
Ingredients:  2 cups Cornstarch, 2 eggs, 2 tbs. oil, 1 lb thawed chicken breasts, sweet and sour sauce (my fave is La Choy brand)

Instructions:  Put the cornstarch and eggs in two separate bowls.  Cut your chicken breasts into small pieces.  Dip each piece of chicken in the eggs and then in the cornstarch. Repeat. (double dipping truly makes it better!) 
When all of your pieces of chicken are coated, heat up the oil in a fry pan.  Fry the chicken for a few minutes on each side until golden brown.  Remove chicken from fry pan and place in a pyrex dish.  Coat liberally with the sweet and sour sauce.  Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  [I have never attempted to make my own sauce because I heart this one so much! But I'll probably try it soon!]

I cannot even describe the deliciousness of this chicken.
You must try it with the fried rice!


Chicken Tortilla Bake from Homemaking Challenged

I made this recipe tonight and it was pretty good.  It was the most simple recipe I've made in a long time, as it only has 5 ingredients!  Corn tortillas, chicken breasts (I used rotisserie chicken which made it super duper easy), rotel, cream of chicken, and shredded cheese!  It was creamy and tasty and the rotel made it just perfect.  The only change I will make in the future is I will try out flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas.  The ones on the bottom of the pan were kind of dry and I didn't dig that.  Overall this was tasty and incredibly easy to make.



Hope you got some recipe ideas to try in the future! All of the titles and images are linked back to the original pin so you can easily find the recipe!  Enjoy!

Follow me on BlogLovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment!